I have had a few nick names which came about because of my smile, a colleague called me “Smiley” and another colleague called me “Little Miss Sunshine”. I have also been told that I am a positive force and that I have a contagious smile. The truth is that although I have had my fair share of battles and mountains to climb and I have even been plagued with severe depression in the past, I generally wear a smile on my face. I love interacting with people and a smile is painted on my face when I greet someone without me even realizing it. I am a happy person and I have overcome a lot in my life.
A smile is contagious and can light up the room, it can improve the mood of someone who really needs it and it can brighten up the day of the person on the receiving end. I have been asked a few times how I keep my teeth white, so I am sharing my recipe for a dashing, white smile.
LITTLE LU’S TIP: I use activated charcoal, bicarb and coconut oil to make a toothpaste, which I use to brush my teeth. I sometimes add a drop of peppermint oil for freshness.
Activated charcoal is a fantastic thing, it has all sorts of uses. I first heard about it when I was based in a little town, called Henley on Klip in the South. A customer told me that he drinks activated charcoal tablets when he is drinking alcohol because it removes the toxins from your liver. I was intrigued by his story and went on to research activated charcoal for myself. As it turns out, it is good for a number of things: including
- Whitens teeth
- Detoxes your system and it is even used to help over dose patients
- Fantastic for acne, skin irritations and bites
- Helps with diarrhea and cleanses your digestive system and
- Reduces cholesterol.
Coconut oil is also amazing stuff, I first became a fan when I went on a banting diet but using it as oil is not all that it is good for, benefits include:
- Kills bacteria
- Aids in weight loss
- Great for hair, skin and even lips
- Prevents Alzheimer’s and helps your memory as well as prevents cancer and diabetes
- Protects your organs, helps keep your heart healthy
- Good for arthritis and inflammation
- Great for oral health
And lastly bicarb too is a miracle powder, benefits include:
- Alkalizes and neutralizes, I have used it for years for heart burn
- Whitens teeth
- Takes the smell out of clothes, towels and shoes and even your fridge
- Helps with exercise
- Removes stains in clothing
- Bathroom and kitchen cleaner, I even use it to clean the oven
- Cleans a burnt pop like a bomb
- I have used it in the past to clean jewelry
I can’t think of a better combo to use on my teeth and I am testimony to how well it works! I have to warn you, it can make a mess and don’t get a fright when you look into the mirror while brushing your teeth because it looks rather scary.
Be sure to use this mixture only 3 times a week.
Lastly, wear your smile proudly and save on dentist bills!